Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,082   Online: 864

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There are also cameras in the classified section here on APUG. Might be worth checking out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If she only has the one lens, I think that switching over to the F100 would be a great idea. It's a great camera and there are many great Nikon lenses. The F100, in my opinion, is very user friendly and feels good in the hand.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I select a good Canon since she has Canon glass already. Get a good hardy camera body.

Todd

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The 50mm lens is a keeper if you want to stay with Canon, and Canon EF glass is about as cheap as it gets for good modern fast autofocus lenses. Staying with Canon is a no-brainer to start out.

If you're going to change systems though... go to medium format.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I own a Canon EOS1-V HS and love it! If you're looking for portable medium format then the Mamiya 645 with the power drive and metered finder works like a big SLR. It's heavier, but the negative is much larger and glass is wonderful and cheap!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a Canon EOS 630 body I'd be willing to part with for shipping.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    HOORAY FOR HER!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It is so subjective you need to take her to a camera shop and stay outside until she comes back out.

Hand size and dexterity...

Real Camera shop in Manchester loads of junk if you want you can borrow one and take it around the block for a quick 120... or two
    Last edited by Xmas; 01-03-2014 at 07:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfbiffherb View Post
    Alas with living in the north west of England there is nothing remotely like that round here
    You should think about a romantic weekend in the depths of Norfolk - Got three stores that sell second hand camera gear right on my doorstep (one is a treasure trove of gear and information).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfbiffherb View Post
    Hi all,

Just after a bit of advice. I've been shooting film for just over 2 years now while my wife has been shooting digital. She has a Canon 7th but is fed up with the whole digital work flow. She wants to sell her digital and get into film because she prefers the look of b&w film and would rather work in the darkroom.

I'm after advice on what kind of 35mm to look into getting her. I shoot entirely medium format so I have no clue on 35mm slr's.

She will be shooting mostly portraits on both colour and b&w, she tends to shoot with wide apertures, mostly in natural light and some flash, and she needs the available lenses to be sharp. She's not too bothered about auto focus but she would like built in metering and perhaps some exposure compensation etc. Being a digital shooter I don't just want to throw and entirely manual slr at her.

So any suggestions?
    I'm going to suggest something different.

Fujifilm GA645.

It's a natural portrait taking machine. Excellent film size, naturally set in the portrait position. The lens is amazingly sharp, even wide open at f/4 and the meter is virtually fool proof.

Exceptionally easy camera to operate and is incredibly light weight. Has built in flash that works well!

If you can live with f/4 as your maximum aperture, this camera is worth a look.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin