Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,999   Posts: 1,524,320   Online: 775

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    While I admire your bravery, I'd let her pick the stuff out, for about 1,000 reasons.
    Amen to that!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    While I admire your bravery, I'd let her pick the stuff out, for about 1,000 reasons.
    Especially if he buys her the RZ67 like I suggested. It would hurt if she threw it at his head!

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm now in a similar situation and have found browsing keh.com to be very helpful. It gives a good sense of options and prices, and especially what it will take, in terms of availability and cost, to build the lens kit you want. I have a couple Rokkor lenses for my Nex system, so I settled on an XD-11. But the site is a good place to start and get relative information on many options.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfbiffherb View Post
    I've been eyeing up the Nikon f100 which looks right up her alley, I'll look into these ones mentioned, thanks all.
    Yep, sell the Canon stuff and get an F100, a 50mm 1.4G and a 105mm 2.5 AIS. I just shot a job for a ski area an hour ago, I used my D800 and brought the F100 along with Tmax 400 in it, totally seamless and either camera can use wonderful Nikon AIS manual focus lenses as well as stunners like the 35 1.4G. At one point in time, I had a few Leica bodies and the legendary 35mm 1.4 Aspheric. The Nikon 35mm 1.4G on the F100 with Tri-x pretty much equaled it so I sold most of the Leica stuff.

I had Canon stuff for a few years while Nikon got their full frame act together and while I do occasionally miss the look of the one of a kind 85L, I am far happier with the *enormous* flexibility of the Nikon system. If you do stay with Canon, stay away from the hokey EOS 3 with it's poorly thought out battery system, mine ate batteries like it had a tape worm.

Oh and by the way, my wife loves using the F100 with a 60mm 2.8D for her macro work....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfbiffherb View Post
    Alas with living in the north west of England there is nothing remotely like that round here
    How true but there's always Goodison Park and Roberto to make up for it

pentaxuser

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin