Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,468   Online: 900

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I remember the credit under photos in newspapers would call the picture a "Telephoto". It would say, e.g., AP Telephoto or UPI Telephoto.
    I remember "AP Wirephoto".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, I remember that too, now that you mention it. Cranking up the memory banks... I think it was just "UPI Telephoto", and was their trademarked term for it.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gsgary View Post
    The guy on the left look like Don McCullin and the one on the right looks like Larry Burrows

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
    And are you aware that Larry Burrows was the lab technician that fried Robert Capa's negatives from the D-Day landings.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    And are you aware that Larry Burrows was the lab technician that fried Robert Capa's negatives from the D-Day landings.
    I uderstand it was not Burrows: http://www.army-photographer.com/index.php/robert-capa

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Thanks miha, that is interesting, as I had not seen that before.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If you're interested in Larry Burrows and photojournalism during the Vietnam War, "Lost Over Laos" is an interesting book -- the title comes from where the helicopter carrying Burrows and others went down.

Shooter
    35mm
    I was a US Army photographer stationed in Germany from 1966 thru1968. We used Speed Graphics, but als had a M3 kit and a 70mm Combat camera . A Nikon FT cost $95 and a Leica M4 body was $164 at the Canadian PXs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin