Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,477   Posts: 1,644,391   Online: 840

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Removing Nikon N2000 battery pack?

I did a search but couldn't find an answer. How do I remove the battery pack in a Nikon N2000? I got the camera recently and downloaded the instruction manual, which says "remove the bracket." The illustration, not too clear, shows fingers lifting a device and pulling the pack straight out. I couldn't find any bracket in the camera. The battery pack just has 2 clips, each holding down 2 batteries. The pack is in tight and I don't want to force anything. I'm wondering if this part is missing or if it's me who is missing something.
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Shooter
    35mm
    There should be a white dot at one end if it's the right way up. At the other end there should be a small black fabric tag, just pull that to yank the tray out. Figure 3 in the instructions (labelled 'remove the bracket') shows that tag being gripped.

P.S. There's nothing in there that I would call a 'bracket', I'd call the part a 'battery tray' or a 'battery holder'.
    Last edited by nthearle; 01-09-2014 at 06:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you, snapguy and nthearle. I got the battery tray out with a small pair of tweezers, prying and lifting carefully. Not something you want to do in a hurry. I guess the camera lost that fabric tag somewhere along the line. I have a Nikkormat FT3 and an FE and half a dozen lenses. I'm looking forward to using the N2000 for rapid shooting.

Shooter
    35mm
    The N2000 has the best viewfinder exposure readout of any manual Nikon. I got good exps for 10 yrs before I wore the thing out (I bought it used}.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think that maybe the FA's matrix metering & the F3's 80/20 may top it for accuracy in demanding situations in the manual focus Nikon line-up? Admittedly I only ever put one film through my N2000/F301 before deciding that I hated the viewfinder display & the way that it handled being the first of the plastic Nikon's. The film did come out OK though.
    Last edited by Ap507b; 01-10-2014 at 05:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    David.

NAS sufferer with far too much Nikon kit.

Shooter
    35mm
    Don't remember the part number, but Nikon made 2 battery packs, one for AA batteries and one for AAA

Shooter
    35mm
    It is the MB-3 that uses AAs. The standard AAA holder is called MB-4.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought three used N2000s. All three had the AAA battery caddy, which works great. I looked for the AA version but couldn't find any at the time. One of my N2000 bodies died from battery corrosion, so I always remove the batts when not in use. I've never had a modern button battery corrode on me, but AAs and AAAs seem to blow with some frequency in my experience. Anyway, just a suggestion.
    I confess I'm a gear nut within my price range. ;)
    Nikon FM2n, FG, FG20, N2000, Nikkormat, Olympus Stylus Epic
    Minox 35EL, Voigtlander Bessa-L
    Yashica-D TLR 6x6, Seagull TLR 6x6
    Agfa Isolette 6x6, Welmy 6x6
    Kodak Tourist 6x9 Anaston lens
    http://www.wendelstout.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin