Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,651   Posts: 1,481,302   Online: 852

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Removing Nikon N2000 battery pack?

I did a search but couldn't find an answer. How do I remove the battery pack in a Nikon N2000? I got the camera recently and downloaded the instruction manual, which says "remove the bracket." The illustration, not too clear, shows fingers lifting a device and pulling the pack straight out. I couldn't find any bracket in the camera. The battery pack just has 2 clips, each holding down 2 batteries. The pack is in tight and I don't want to force anything. I'm wondering if this part is missing or if it's me who is missing something.
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Shooter
    35mm

tray

My N2000 has a tray that holds four AAA batteries. I usually pry it out from the negative end which has two springs that hold the thing into place.
    l love this camera model although I do own newer and older Nikons and Nikkormats. The batteries in my N2000 seem to last forever.

Shooter
    35mm
    PS -- I am wondering if perhaps your battery tray is upside down.

Shooter
    35mm
    There should be a white dot at one end if it's the right way up. At the other end there should be a small black fabric tag, just pull that to yank the tray out. Figure 3 in the instructions (labelled 'remove the bracket') shows that tag being gripped.

P.S. There's nothing in there that I would call a 'bracket', I'd call the part a 'battery tray' or a 'battery holder'.
    Last edited by nthearle; 01-09-2014 at 06:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    My N2000 battery bracket does not have any fabric attached.

Shooter
    35mm
    I actually found the instruction manual for the N2000. It is in rough shape, but so am I. It refers to the "battery holder" twice, meaning what is actually the bottom plate of the camera. It refers twice to the "bracket" twice, meaning the part that holds the batteries that you can lift out. It says to "align the white dots and put back the bracket."
    I bought my N2000 in the year 1991.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you, snapguy and nthearle. I got the battery tray out with a small pair of tweezers, prying and lifting carefully. Not something you want to do in a hurry. I guess the camera lost that fabric tag somewhere along the line. I have a Nikkormat FT3 and an FE and half a dozen lenses. I'm looking forward to using the N2000 for rapid shooting.

Shooter
    35mm
    The N2000 has the best viewfinder exposure readout of any manual Nikon. I got good exps for 10 yrs before I wore the thing out (I bought it used}.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think that maybe the FA's matrix metering & the F3's 80/20 may top it for accuracy in demanding situations in the manual focus Nikon line-up? Admittedly I only ever put one film through my N2000/F301 before deciding that I hated the viewfinder display & the way that it handled being the first of the plastic Nikon's. The film did come out OK though.
    Last edited by Ap507b; 01-10-2014 at 05:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    David.

NAS sufferer with far too much Nikon kit.

Shooter
    35mm
    Don't remember the part number, but Nikon made 2 battery packs, one for AA batteries and one for AAA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin