Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,213   Posts: 1,532,103   Online: 1177

Shooter
    35mm

Tamron Adaptall Information

My brother gave me his Minolta kit, and while I may try the camera out someday my main interest is in the 21mm Tamron lens, S/N 632183. My guess is that it is about 40 years old. Since I long ago despaired of having a 21mm Zuiko, I'd like to try this on my OM's.

The question is, what type of Adaptall would this take? The lens has a pretty primative band clamp with a small screw that appears to hold the Minolta adapter. But after removing this clamp the adapter still does not seem to want to move or loosen in any way.

Shooter
    35mm
    This lens may well be a fitted with what was called the Adaptall 1 mount. I have never actually used one. The Adaptall 2 mount had 2 small chromed tabs inn the adapter which were squeezed in and then the Mount would be able to be removed in a straight lift off. It is an age since I used or even owned one of these so I may be wrong. If you do manage to remove it make sure that you note where the mount came from on the lens because they can be tricky to fit back on.

Why give up looking for a Zuiko 21mm? as 21mm's go they are a cracking bit of kit. The F3.5 version is not uncommon and not too expensive. In UK I currently know of 2 for sale around the £200 mark. They will 100% certainly be better than the Tamron.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's quite an early lens so pre-Adaptal & II. It was supeceeded by the 17mm TAmron SP.

So you're looking at an early Adapt-A-Matic lens most probably pre-Multicoating as well, mounts will be harder to find.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Deleted / same link as Ian
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    go to this tamron adaptall website, you will most probably find the lens you are talking about:
    http://www.adaptall-2.org/

or this link if the lens is an Adapt-a-Matic:
    http://www.adaptall-2.org/lenses/PFJ-45Au.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Be careful when using the Adaptal II mount lens with your OM 3 and 4 cameras. Use the mount which says "OL" rather than "OM" or the metering pieces on your camera body will get chewed up and ruined. This may not apply to your lens, however it does for Adaptal II lenses/mounts. Bill Barber

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin