Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,698   Online: 1125

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

advise for a #2 35mm

I'm the proud owner of a Contax G2 with 28 + 90mm for B/W and want to have a 2# camera for colour. Another G2 with a 45mm, a Nikon F4 or what...... thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    If you like the G2 then I would say get another one. Having two of the same makes things simple.

Shooter
    35mm
    I love my 35-70 on my G-2 for shooting slides--you can easily crop in the finder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't think of a reason NOT to go with another G2. You're already (presumably) familiar with the controls. Additional lenses will fit both bodies. Anything else you add (extension tubes, bellows...) will fit both bodies. Why introduce a complication if you don't need to?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    two bodies of the same lens mount means total lens interchangeability. Why would you not want that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with the others, get another G2. Keep things simple.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks! but I was looking for a 'reason' to buy an F4 so I can use my 3 Nikon lenses 1.4-50 1.4-85 70-200-2.8

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, you didn't mention you have Nikkors... You should have at least given us a sign so we don't get all smart and rational.

I believe nobody needs a reason to get a Nikon - having a Nikon body is a natural state. Besides, why would you have two G2 when one is enough and you could have a nice Nikon body?!
    Personally, I would choose F100 rather than F4.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBodyOldSoul View Post
    Well, you didn't mention you have Nikkors... You should have at least given us a sign so we don't get all smart and rational.

I believe nobody needs a reason to get a Nikon - having a Nikon body is a natural state. Besides, why would you have two G2 when one is enough and you could have a nice Nikon body?!
    Personally, I would choose F100 rather than F4.
    now we're talking and why the F100 instead F4 ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Because I already have an F100 and know how great it is while I never had an F4.
    And why I chose F100 over F4? F100 is newer, smaller, has faster AF (of F5 kind), supports all kinds of flashes, works with G lenses and VR (for the 70-200). It doesn't have MLU - I think - but I never use MLU so it doesn't bother me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin