Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,908   Online: 1057

Shooter
    Medium Format

[Q] Zenit 122 and Lomography's Petzval lense

Hey guys,

I recently put an order in for a Zenit 122K and was wondering if it is in any way possible to mount Lomography's Petzval lense to it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What mount does that lens come in? Search an adapter from that to the Pentax K mount.

Shooter
    35mm
    I read that the Nikon Petzval could easily be adapted to a K-mount depending on whether lomo's petzval lens is setup as an A or non-AI mount. Unfortunately I do not know the answer.
    Last edited by horacekenneth; 01-30-2014 at 03:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Nikon Petzval is a simple mechanical mount, not AI levers or non-ai tabs. Should fit any nikon adapter. The aperture is metal waterhouse stops.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Zenit 122 was made in two versions:
    with M42 screw-mount and with K-(Pentax)bayonet-mount

CHX

Shooter
    35mm
    I believe the K mount 122s are/were always sold as "Zenit 122K", and the M42 just as "Zenit 122" so it should be clear which you have. Alas, to be the best of my knowledge, there are no adapters to fit the Nikon and Canon mount lenses to an M42 camera, only the other way around. I don't know why KMZ didn't build the lens in M42 and then offer it with adapters to the different mounts - which would have been simpler, but such if life...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, that "K" designation was the official Zenit designation for models bearing the K-mount, but it was not used on all models having such mount. That is why I did not recognize it as such.

There exists a Nikon-lens to K-mount camera mechanical-only adapter. In this case one would lose infinity focusing, what most probably would not be a loss with a Petzval lens.
    Last edited by AgX; 02-01-2014 at 10:16 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin