Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,453   Online: 883

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    For what it is worth my exposure to good photography started in the 50's as a young hick kid growing up in southern Indiana. My great aunt Willa, a very imperious and refined lady, was concerned her 7 year old nephew was not having his horizions expanded enough so she got the family a subscription to The National Geographic. I spent many happy hours with that magazine and the often included maps.
    Ah, National Geographic, same here, pictures and maps and adverts for things we couldn't possibly understand in the UK, like why you needed a new Buick every year? It opened new vista's for the imagination, and taught how not to be happy to only know what you know ('who is Ralph Gibson?'), and taught that people are many and varied ('why would anybody spend $28,000....').

Steve
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_barnett/

book
    wood, water, rock,
    landscape photographs in and around the Peak District National Park, UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin