Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,547   Online: 830

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Here's your chance to be a part of a legand

http://petapixel.com/2014/02/04/28k-...e/#more-129431

I'm sorry to tell you that the $28K Ralph Gibson model is gone. But there's the $8K models available.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry to ask, but what does a stupid D-thingie has to do with 35mm cameras?
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    35mm

ralph

I beg the question -- just what is a Ralph Gibson? I Gooogoed the name and came up with nothing. I Gooogoed "Ralph Gibson Photographer" and pretty much came up with the same thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Leica Monochrome is the only digital camera that I would ever consider using for serious photography. If I had the money I would buy one in a second. To obtain this camera some people would sell their first born to Rumplestiltskin.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snapguy View Post
    I beg the question -- just what is a Ralph Gibson? I Gooogoed the name and came up with nothing. I Gooogoed "Ralph Gibson Photographer" and pretty much came up with the same thing.
    I don't know how you searched but I got numerous hits. Gibson is a well known inphotography, a familiar name around the world. Hang your head in shame and beat yourself severely with a 250 sheet box of FB paper. Seriously you need to do a lot of reading if you are really interested in photography. Learn about the greats before western civilization is destroyed completely.

http://www.ralphgibson.com/
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 02-04-2014 at 03:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't subscribe to this signature model stuff, it's just a marketing ploy, I don't care even if Jesus Christ has got one, or uses one.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A signature model would be bought as an investment rather than for day to day use.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think it is to his credit that HCB never endorsed Leica cameras in Leica advertising. I would be very surprised if they never asked him.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    http://petapixel.com/2014/02/04/28k-...e/#more-129431

I'm sorry to tell you that the $28K Ralph Gibson model is gone. But there's the $8K models available.
    No thank you. I am quite content with my M6s. $28K? $8K? I think the money - in my case, anyway - would be better spent/enjoyed on a s******d of HP5+, Tri-X and a five year (?) supply of Ilford paper!
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I think it is to his credit that HCB never endorsed Leica cameras in Leica advertising. I would be very surprised if they never asked him.
    Just curious did his lack of endorsement make HCB a better photographer.

Bresson always "impressed" me as sort of proof of the monkeys and typewriters theorem. If you walk about enough with a Leica around your neck you will eventually take some interesting photographs.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 02-04-2014 at 03:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin