Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,454   Online: 1099

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Ricoh (Pentax) announces new film duplication unit

Nice to see a new film product announced. Works with 35mm or 120/220 film and I'm assuming it will be K-mount so you can stick it on your ME Super or K1000. Of course it could be used with other cameras, for other purposes. But we don't speak of that here.

http://news.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/rim_...06_004695.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4_duplicator.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	130.1 KB 
ID:	81616

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a decent alternative to the scanner too if used with a DSLR. Should be faster than using a scanner to scan a piece of film to share on the web.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's hard to imagine Ricoh owning Pentax. Kind of like the Chevrolet Vega Division buying out Mercedes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems to be 35mm only, I hope it does film strips as well as slides
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you look at the press release it's for 35mm and medium format film, although they don't say what sizes of medium format negatives. In the picture it looks like there is an adjustable or removable mask.

Shooter
    35mm
    Cool, I'm interested...

My first SLR was a Ricoh (still have it, just had a run-in w/a concrete wall and a hard place or I'd still be using it). They seem to have been somewhat underrated I think, I have their digital camera because of the M mount unit which makes it usable with some film rangefinders. I think they know cameras, will be interesting to see what they come out with.
    Sharon

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagesnaps View Post
    Cool, I'm interested...

My first SLR was a Ricoh (still have it, just had a run-in w/a concrete wall and a hard place or I'd still be using it). They seem to have been somewhat underrated I think, I have their digital camera because of the M mount unit which makes it usable with some film rangefinders. I think they know cameras, will be interesting to see what they come out with.
    Underrated for most of their SLR cameras, that's for sure, although the KR10x and KR30x did not have the building quality of the previous models, as though Ricoh was neglecting its work before closing its SLR lines. Also, what is sad about the SRL Ricoh cameras is the fact that the parts are much harder to find than the other major brand names in the market. I kind of miss a good old though built Ricoh KR5.

Shooter
    35mm
    Have a couple XR2s, built like tanks

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Sears KS500, a rebadged KR5 with a 50 f2, bought for the price of a latte. Came with meter battery and is fully functional. But I did change out the foam light sealing.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Looks like the slide duplicators of the 1970s made by various SLR manufacturers as well as companies like Spiratone, and I think Vivitar had one, but those all tended to be 35mm only.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin