Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,438   Online: 817

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have one and you don't need an another.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amazing, people in APUG talking somebody out of buying a lens.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nope. Dumb thing to want to squander your money on. Save it for when the water heater or well pump goes out. Or take your wife out and tell here you're thankful for her. What in tarnation do you need such a frivolous lens for?

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used both lenses in low light situations. In my opinion the 50mm f/1.4 Nikkor (any version) is a much better lens wide open, but they're both fine when closed down a few stops. Of course, you would think you'd buy the faster lens for the wide-open performance but that's not the case here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just wanted to add onto my previous comment, If you do plan on shooting a lot at night, then something of this sort is useful. Focusing is easier as it lets in more light, you dont have to push your film as high, and you can use a faster shutter speeds to get the same exposure. The lens maintains its price fairly well, and I know the 50mm version is used by digital film makers too. The 50mm is one of the few AIS lenses still produced new by Nikon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Don't buy it. f/1.2 is an odd number. Even number is like 1, 1.4, 2, etc...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Don't buy it. f/1.2 is an odd number. Even number is like 1, 1.4, 2, etc...
    Huh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess I'll just throw mine out, it's so big it's in the way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never had a f/1.2 lens, but I have owned Nikon 50 1.4D and 85 1.4D. Wide open they were so soft and color fringing was terrible. I eventually sold them. I later ended up with the 50 1.8D and 85 1.8D and that's the ones I have today. They were a fraction of the cost of the 1.4's. And I'm very happy with them. Personally, I don't think a super fast lens is worth the money.
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    35mm
    OP has already decided not to buy it, so there is no point in shelling out our thoughts any more.
    Haha, yeah, right. Here I go.
    I would love to have that lens. It's not sharp and it produces all kinds of artifacts, plus it's expensive. But I think the preferred nomenclature is "lens with a character". My only problem, or "problem", is that I already have lenses with similar character even if at different FL. On top of that, my 50/1.8 AI and CV 58/1.4 are perfectly capable 50s. Unless someone offers it to me for very little money, I probably won't own it any time soon. OP, on the other hand, should definitely get it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin