Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,525   Online: 1023
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    darkosaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,648

    LEICA MDa POST 24x36 question

    Hi all,

    I saw in one shop LEICA MDa POST 24x36 with summar 35mm f2.8 for not so high price. I read about this model a bit on internet, but I did not understand can this camera be used for normal use: can focus and f stop be changed - or is it fixed?
    Lack of finder is not a big problem for me.

    thanks,

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    971
    To my knowledge, there were no 35mm Summars. Perhaps you mean a Summaron 35 2.8? In LTM it's an expensive lens, and quite good. Has normal f stop and focus adjustments.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Angers, F (Groningen, NL)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    20
    Here's a link in wich is stated that the aperture is fixed and that you can't focus with it.

    http://www.collection-appareils.fr/x..._MDa-Post.html

  4. #4
    darkosaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    To my knowledge, there were no 35mm Summars. Perhaps you mean a Summaron 35 2.8? In LTM it's an expensive lens, and quite good. Has normal f stop and focus adjustments.
    Yes, Summaron

  5. #5
    frank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bit north of Toronto
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    534
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by albertphot View Post
    Here's a link in wich is stated that the aperture is fixed and that you can't focus with it.

    http://www.collection-appareils.fr/x..._MDa-Post.html
    That is my understanding too. Fixed aperture and fixed focus.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    278
    Hello,
    I'm not sure whether this camera has a M-bayonet at all or the metal plate with the mounted lens is screwed fix to the body. They were used to take pictures of the electro-mechanical counters for telephone fees in the telephone exchanges.

  7. #7
    darkosaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by albertphot View Post
    Here's a link in wich is stated that the aperture is fixed and that you can't focus with it.

    http://www.collection-appareils.fr/x..._MDa-Post.html
    So not very useful. I am still wondering at which distance the focus is set.

  8. #8
    frank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bit north of Toronto
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    534
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    So not very useful. I am still wondering at which distance the focus is set.
    My guess is 1 meter. But just a guess.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

  9. #9
    Rolfe Tessem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Egremont, MA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    170
    The MDa is just a regular M3 type camera without the rangefinder. You can easily use them with wide angle lenses such as the CV 15mm which can be zone focused, with an external finder of course.

  10. #10
    frank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bit north of Toronto
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    534
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolfe Tessem View Post
    The MDa is just a regular M3 type camera without the rangefinder. You can easily use them with wide angle lenses such as the CV 15mm which can be zone focused, with an external finder of course.
    That's correct, but the OP has a "Post" camera with fixed lens, fixed aperture, and fixed focus.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin