Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,159   Online: 882

Shooter
    Multi Format

Canon New F1 with pelical mirror

Buyer beware, looking at E bay yesterday I lost count of how many people selling these cameras said in their specification that it had "a blackout less pelical mirror" which is completely untrue for the standard F1N and very misleading for any buyer, the only F1N that has a pelical mirror is the special H.S.(High Speed)version) with built in motor drive developed for the 1984 L.A summer Olympics that can shoot fourteen frames a second that would probably shatter a conventional reflex mirror and none of them advertised were these.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I saw that. It's part of eBay's canned description that a lot of people add to their ads. I never do and this is a good reason not to. I'll write my own descriptions. eBay is always trying to help (control) the ads.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    14 frames per second, that is amazing!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    14 frames per second, that is amazing!

Jeff
    It's amazing all right. I once put a Canon Pellix in my camera bag and accidentally triggered the release. The whole 36 exposure roll went through at 9 frames a second and 4 seconds is not enough time to unpack the thing and switch it off!
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    I saw that. It's part of eBay's canned description that a lot of people add to their ads. I never do and this is a good reason not to. I'll write my own descriptions. eBay is always trying to help (control) the ads.
    I don't have an EBay account, but I wish someone would tell Ebay about this because it's very misleading for the unsuspecting buyer who may be at the other side of the World.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    It's amazing all right. I once put a Canon Pellix in my camera bag and accidentally triggered the release. The whole 36 exposure roll went through at 9 frames a second and 4 seconds is not enough time to unpack the thing and switch it off!
    It couldn't have been with a Pellix, which was a manual-wind camera that could not be fitted with a motor drive.

I suspect you mean a Canon F-1 High Speed Motor Drive Camera.

Jim B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is the one we are talking about http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...nhighspeed.htm this one and the earlier purely mechanical F1 version were the only F1's with fixed pelical mirrors.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 02-20-2014 at 06:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin