Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,784   Online: 815

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon and medium format lenses. Macro and depth of field help needed

Hello Apug,

I have a Nikon body and some Rollei 6008 lenses and accessories. I wanted to put the lenses on my Nikon body and I purchased an adaptor from Fotodiox, which has an incorporated mechanical aperture ring. The best way I can do macro is to put my 80mm Planar, then my 34mm extension tube and then a 2x teleconverter. This setup gives me a coin occupying most of the size of a 35mm frame. However, whenever I use the integrated aperture ring with the teleconverter, the whole system becomes useless (like a tiny circle of image that gets smaller every stop). I thought that the best solution would be to purchase lens caps to match my lens and cut some holes right in the middle of them with the precision of a laser cutter, but I need some help calculating the diameters of such holes. Any suggestions? I need to use this system in a 35mm body because it offers me compatibility with my digital camera.

Thank you for your time!!

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    As I understand it, your order is:

1. 80mm Planar Lens
    2. Extension Tube
    3. 2X Teleconverter
    4. Mount Adapter
    5. Nikon camera body

I would suggest trying:

1. 80mm Planar Lens
    2. 2X Teleconverter
    3. Extension Tube
    4. Mount Adapter
    5. Nikon camera body

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Fix, Ive tried that, my order works much better.

Shooter
    35mm
    However, in both cases the aperture ring of the adaptor becomes a visible circle. What I need is a way to calculate diameter in relationship to f/stop and someone to tell me if the fact that this new aperture is going to be placed in front of the lens and not on the back of it affects the measurments in any way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As I recall many years ago I had a reverse lens adapter that I would use with a Minolta 35mm camera. Coupled with a bellows you could get large magnification ratios. It could also be used directly on the camera body to reverse the lens. Something like that might work for you although the camera meter might not work and you would have to figure the exposure separately.

Since it has been a number of years the best I can do is suggest that someone more knowledgeable will chime in or you may find more info on the web but I think the fewer things you need between the subject and film the better.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a similar issue and have ordered an adaptor from SKGrimes to mount my Nikon enlarging lenses to my Nikon bodies .This way, I'm hoping for excellent macro image qualitybut I'll report as soon as i 've got it.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The aperture blades need to be in the optical center of the lens. The adapter is not so it makes perfect sense that the aperture blades in the adapter gives you major vignetting. A lens cap with a hole will also give vignetting. You need to find a way to close the aperture blades of the Planar lens or shoot wide open with the Planar lens. Or replace the Planar with a lens that has manual aperture control (stopped down mode).
    Last edited by spijker; 02-26-2014 at 09:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Lord know that I like a good challenge, but would a true macro/"Micro-Nikkor" lens with bellows or extension tubes be both easier and less expensive?

Like I said, I do understand the fun in the challenge of getting it to work. I'm all for that, and I want to see how this turns out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Fotodiox adapter contains a diaphragm, doesn't have contacts and electronics needed to make the lens' built-in shutter and diaphragm operate. As has already been stated several times, the adapter's diaphragm is very much in the wrong place.

There's no inexpensive way to use lenses in Rollei SLX mount on any camera but an SLX or successor. It might be possible to extract the lens' cells and put them in a standard mechanical shutter.

aca91, you're stuck. Sell your adapter and lenses for what they'll bring and buy a MicroNikkor to use on your Nikon.

Shooter
    35mm
    No way!! I mean, I don't have these lenses to be used on Nikon bodies, I own a Rollei, I won't sell them ... anyway, just as an experiment, does any one know of a way of calculating the diameters of the holes to match standard f/stops, just for the fun of it? Maybe I'll buy a MicroNikkor some day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin