Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,059   Online: 872

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    You know of any "proper" cameras that are small and pocketable which it seems is what the OP wants?

What's is "proper" anyway? My T2 is sulking....
    A true proper Point and Shoot? Then it has to be the Olympus Mju II. True point and shoot. Cant be any simpler.

But if OP wants a contax and doesnt mind paying that much, the T2 is his best bet. More of a premium point and shoot with aperture control and $300+.

Shooter
    35mm
    Seems to be a very popular market (high end film P&S)
    A T2 which cost 1/3 of what a Nikon F5 sold new is now selling for the same price as the latter used
    The T2 does have a gorgeous lens tacked on it

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    Seems to be a very popular market (high end film P&S)
    A T2 which cost 1/3 of what a Nikon F5 sold new is now selling for the same price as the latter used
    The T2 does have a gorgeous lens tacked on it
    People no longer want to carry heavy metal cameras to obtain similar results to one they could slip in a shirt pocket. The downside is most point and shoots were not built to last, although lightly used ones can still do the job.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I had a Contax T2 that would leak light when the lens motor extended the lens. Great lens. Too bad the body was flawed. I sold it on eBay, not as mint, but with full disclosure of the flaw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin