Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,213   Online: 710

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nikon Fe with Modern SB24 flash?

Hey guys,

I did expeirmentation with FE and modern Nikon SB24 flash. I was amazed that the little light in view finder recognized the flash was connected. However.. I realy didnt' have any idea about proper exposure. I bounced it and 125th at f5.6. Haven't deloped film yet. Has anyone else tried mixing old with new?

Todd

Shooter
    35mm
    It will work. Done it many times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What flash mode did you use: manual, thyristor control on flash, or TTL? I've used flashes newer than FE but ony on manual or thyristor control. I didn't think FE offered TTL or auto setting of synch speed and have a vague recollection that maybe FE2 did.

Shooter
    35mm
    Todd,
    You can use the SB-24 in A, M and the repeating flash modes. You can't use it in the TTL position as the FE doesn't have that facility.
    The FE can auto sync the SB-24 to a shutter speed of 1/90 in AUTO.
    You can do slow sync with the FE in Manual.
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin