Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,488   Online: 1119

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    with a 50mm f/1, you'd get 2cm total DOF focused at 1M! Couldn't get eyes and the tip of a nose in focus, and this lens is 1 stop faster... It's 3 PM here, so I'm feeling way too lazy to calculate what it would be at f/0.7...
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It should be pointed out that ultra fast lenses are optimized to be used at full aperture and do not do as well when stepped down. When used at full aperture there is little depth of field.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 03-07-2014 at 08:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A very interesting lens, an interesting story and, of course, useless. And usual, is must be mounted to a Leica M, making it even more useless.

Fixed aperture, fixed focus. You going to estimate that with a rangefinder? I don't think so.

It belongs on an SLR, where you can at least see what might be in focus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, interesting that they said it's an M mount, but then later said that you gotta use live-view. So they didn't even calibrate the adapter to push the cam in to where it should be in focus (at which point you can focus with your feet).
    Definitely can't light up the frame lines, maybe it blocks one or both of the RF windows anyway.

So yeah, it can only really be used on the new M 240, A7R, or any number of NEX and µ4/3 digitals. By the looks of the M mounted version it's probably too close to the film plane to be used in any kind of SLR...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Long ago Leitz made the Summar 75mm f/.85 for special purposes: http://pindelski.org/Photography/200...-f14-was-fast/. Scroll down to near the bottom of the page. One of these mounted on a Leica camera sold on ebay a few years ago for over $5,000. Today's slower, but coated, lenses should be far better performers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I didn't even now such a lens existed

http://www.japancamerahunter.com/201...ink-lens-fast/
    *yawn* That's a piker...

http://petapixel.com/2013/08/06/carl...ens-ever-made/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found a Zeiss Gigantar at the attic. I wonder if there is any value to it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    I found a Zeiss Gigantar at the attic. I wonder if there is any value to it?
    Naw. It's junk. But, I could use an extra paperweight... spring is just round the bend and the windows will be open...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Naw. It's junk. But, I could use an extra paperweight... spring is just round the bend and the windows will be open...
    Not sure there is any weight to it, I read it's a phantom lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Not sure there is any weight to it, I read it's a phantom lens.
    Actually, it exist(ed)s but doesn't take pictures because it was a PR joke.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin