Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,261   Online: 1000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Take a look at these interesting cameras

"Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    35mm
    Fabulous pieces of history and industrial art. One thing -- the Sears Tower camera looks exactly like the three Bilora Bella cameras I have, right down to the color scheme. It is my understand that these beauties was made by the Bilora company in Germany. They're tank-like, solid enough for a Panzer Oberleutnatant braving the horrors of the Russian Front in winter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some of those are deeply, deeply wonderful cameras, but one or two of them seem like misfires (for instance, the Canon 7 is only really distinctive in the picture because it's wearing the 50/0.95 lens!). The Girl Scout Camera strikes me as being a Kodak re-brand or something; 620 film and the same Bakelite look as some of the contemporary Kodak cameras.

Incredibly, I actually know someone who has a Compass camera (inherited it, I believe). He does shoot it, but it's kind of a hassle as it doesn't take standard 35mm, but a variation on 828 that requires him to reroll film by hand.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a vague memory of those miniature cameras, like I ordered one from inside a matchbook or got it at a carnival or an amusement park.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anybody has GAS yet? I have it bad.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snapguy View Post
    the Sears Tower camera looks exactly like the three Bilora Bella cameras I have, right down to the color scheme. It is my understand that these beauties was made by the Bilora company in Germany. They're tank-like, solid enough for a Panzer Oberleutnatant braving the horrors of the Russian Front in winter.
    I got a Bilora Bella too.Though I got no idea how a camera from around 1955 could be related to a german officer photographing at the russian front.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Anybody has GAS yet? I have it bad.
    Well, toward the bottom of that list there is a "WEEKEND BOB" camera. If there was a "WEEKEND DAVE" I could be tempted!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love those!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When we unpack boxes of camera donations at the PHSNE warehouse, the fun part is finding those odd little plastic or stamped steel cameras that were add-ons from whomever's collection was boxed up and forgotten, and then given away by the surviving relatives. we always wish we could hear the story of how somebody came to own cameras like these, and why, fifty years down the road, they still had them. We get some weird ones.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin