Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,823   Online: 720

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon F80 has the button on the back near the finder. It can be customised to lock exposure only. There are several options. Although electronic, this camera takes a traditional cable release and has DoF preview. It is lightweight and inexpensive. It also has grid lines in the finder(switchable option) which can be very useful.
    Alex

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Always a hard question to answer. Disclaimer: I have a strongly dominant left eye, so I often hold a camera differently than most people. Having said that, I believe that if you use any tool long enough, it becomes second nature, and even things that may seem awkward at first become easy to do. I have shot many thousands of rolls of film through the Minolta X-700. It may not be the finest camera ever made, but for me, the controls are easy and intuitive. I've used other cameras, and in the 35mm SLR family, nothing has seemed to be as nice at the manual focus Minoltas, although I suspect that with time, I could bond with an Olympus OM family camera. My first SLR was a Canon (FT), no AE, just match needle - and I really enjoyed that camera as well. It had the added benefit of providing exercise when you carried it on a hike .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    I will check when I get home on my T90
    T90:

center-weighted average metering: press shutter halfway and you do NOT have AE lock.
    partial area metering and spot metering: press shutter halfway and you have AE lock.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    Olympus OM-4T.

Spot metering. Multi-Spot metering. Exposure memory lock. Aperture preferred Auto exposure or Manual exposure.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltw View Post
    Just to make the point that other cameras (as well as Canon) resolved the awkward AE memory lock position found on the A-1, the Olympus OM-4 places it (lock/clear)conveniently as a lever next to the shutter button.
    I've had an OM-4 for some time, it was a particularly nice camera, although in my relatively large/long hands a little bit awkward..

Sent from my i9300 using Tapatalk
    | website | ipernity thing |

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you find the AE lock uncomfortable on the Canon A1 you're probably not holding the camera correctly the camera base should be placed on the left palm to support the camera and the left thumb and index finger around the lens mount, if heald this way the AE lock should be easily pressed with the thumb.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, I do hold the camera the "right" way. But there are several buts. I have to fumble till I press the right button of the two. You have to hold it deeply pressed all the time. And I don't know about others but I find that making FINE focus adjustment with one finger without thw thumb which is locked on that dratted button nigh on impossible. (if, say the subject - e.g. a kid - keeps movi g)

Sent from my i9300 using Tapatalk
    | website | ipernity thing |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin