Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,552   Online: 1175

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jcc
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The part of my brain that gets stimulated by photography is different than the part that gets excited by cameras. The two share a border, but they're definitely different states of pleasure.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    These toys are nice, but if only camera manufacturers were photographers, the toys would be better.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    The two photographs illustrating the article are a triumph of great printing, as well as being very fine compositions. Technically, they could have been made on any reasonable quality 35mm camera, though some will argue the size and silence of a Leica facilitated them. Solid blacks and glowing whites are not compromised by some decidedly old school grain.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If you are one who uses tools and makes things, you understand having many cameras. There is a best tool for the job (photograph)...

Shooter
    35mm
    I got banned from sooo many forums just because I was stating the obvious, like the quote in the OP.
    That included the very bad photography skills of the moderators. The truth is the truth so I couldn't be bothered to care.

Also, i find these blogs involving leica quite boring. They are run by newbies who want some fame by scratching leica's name. Blah, we've seen them all.

In my case, the moment I realized that my photography was good, it was worth all the money I put into it. 10,000$ lens? So what. If my art is up to it them why not. I don't do drugs and my money has to go somewhere so why not make it go where my talent is?
    The same thing would be if I was a guitarist. Or a drummer. Or a haidresser...
    Last edited by NB23; 03-11-2014 at 05:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post

Most 35mm lenses perform within a gnat's whisker of one another (at least ones made since the 1970s) and a few lines per millimetre aren't going to turn a lemon into a masterpiece. The reality is buying a new camera or lens is much easier than becoming a better photographer.
    I don't really find that to be true myself, and tests didn't support that idea to the best of my recollection. Good full aperture performance was often expensive, just for one example. May be more true today than the 70's, 80', and into the 90's. That doesn't mean you need that to take good pictures, or that your pictures will be better for better performing lenses, but that still doesn't make all lenses equal.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    I got banned from sooo many forums just because I was stating the obvious, like the quote in the OP.
    That included the very bad photography skills of the moderators. The truth is the truth so I couldn't be bothered to care.

Also, i find these blogs involving leica quite boring. They are run by newbies who want some fame by scratchubg leica's name. Blah, we've seen them all.

In my case, the moment I realized that my photography was good, it was worth all the money I put into it. 10,000$ lens? So what. If my art is up to it them why not. I don't do drugs and my money has to go somewhere so why not make it go where my talent is?
    The same thing would be if I was a guitarist. Or a drummer. Or a haidresser.
    Then why not post in the gallery so we can appreciate your images?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    As a professional photographer I learned long ago that I don't need to showcase my work on forums for gratification. Also, my public is not composed of photographers but of people wanting/needing my services.

This being said, I like to participate in forums to share information and knowledge, to give and take. Who cares about my photography?

But if you really are interested in my photography, my facebook is open to public and I usually share iphone shots of my latest FB prints. My "poetry for your mind" album contains about 350 photos. You can look here (I hope the link works):
    Poetry for your mind

And for my professional work, you can look here:
    Website

and

here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Not everyone wants to devalue their work by slathering it all over the internet, if you notice, my gallery is pretty limited considering my tenure here. I have seen Ned's work, some of it is good, some of it is ok and some of it is outstanding, just like any other pro who could be called good.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    As a professional photographer I learned long ago that I don't need to showcase my work on forums for gratification. Also, my public is not composed of photographers but of people wanting/needing my services.

This being said, I like to participate in forums to share information and knowledge, to give and take. Who cares about my photography?

But if you really are interested in my photography, my facebook is open to public and I usually share iphone shots of my latest FB prints. My "poetry for your mind" album contains about 350 photos. You can look here (I hope the link works):
    Poetry for your mind

And for my professional work, you can look here:
    Website

and

here

Thanks, I appreciate your response.

Francis Bacon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin