Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,466   Online: 1063

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where does the 1-4N screen fit in all this?
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 1-4 (original) is all matte. It has a circle inscribed that is somewhat larger than the microprism area of the 1-1 screen. When Olympus brought out the OM-2S Program, the OM-4 and the OM-3 in about 1983, the cameras all had spot metering. The 1-4N screen is all matte with a smaller circle inscribed to match the area to be spot metered.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm a fan of the 1-10, a all matte with grid lines. The whole screen discussion is somewhat moot since all OM stuff is now long discontinued. But could prove usefull if you are fortunate enough to find accessory screens on ebay or photo swap meets etc.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by pen s View Post
    I'm a fan of the 1-10, a all matte with grid lines. The whole screen discussion is somewhat moot since all OM stuff is now long discontinued. But could prove usefull if you are fortunate enough to find accessory screens on ebay or photo swap meets etc.
    or even post a WTB on APUG

It was easy 30 years ago when you just ordered a new one from brick camera store in local village.
    A replacement screen kit was a plastic 'jewel box' with screen and mini tweasers
    The 4s or 10s are nice but many may have gone the way of Ming vases and be in land fill with a dead body.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah! That explains it. I have a 1-4 screen on a 4Ti body, just purchased, which is the same as the 1-4's on my 2/2N bodies. Just a smaller centre spot! I can live with that.
    Last edited by Allan Swindles; 03-20-2014 at 06:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    No. The OM-2S Program, the OM-3 and the OM-4 were all provided with a 1-13 screen as the standard screen.

There are only two screens in the "2" series. The 2-4 and the 2-13 screens were very late offerings at the same time as the OM-3Ti.
    Perhaps you can explain for us what part of the original posting you feel is incorrect. The fact that the 2SP, 3's and 4's were supplied with the 1-13 in no way changes the fact that the 2- series screens only work in the 2SP, 3's and 4's. Perhaps there was something unclear in describing the 1-13 as the "standard" screen?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by thuggins View Post
    Perhaps you can explain for us what part of the original posting you feel is incorrect. The fact that the 2SP, 3's and 4's were supplied with the 1-13 in no way changes the fact that the 2- series screens only work in the 2SP, 3's and 4's. Perhaps there was something unclear in describing the 1-13 as the "standard" screen?
    The information in the post was there are two plain ground glass screens the 4n more usable with 'spot' cameras cause the spot was/is the more correct larger size.

The 1-13 is an irrelevance suggest ignore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't know if he still does it or not, but John at Camtech use to scribe screens for a fee. zuiko.com. I have serveral and find it helpful. Billl Barber

Shooter
    35mm
    Last time I checked John no longer provides this service. I hear it was a delicate and very hard service to do correctly. The slighest mistake would show up large in the viewfinder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guess that means I can list my scribed 2 series screens on ebay for $200 or $300 and actually get it. That won't be happening anytime soon. Love those screens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin