Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,100   Online: 842

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    No! No! No! No! Nooooooooooooooooo...

Agreed! It could then become one very expensive Leica. Unless your half of the equity in the house would pay for the camera... :wink:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Say you really don't really need it... but an APUG'er was in a bind, needed to buy his wife some jewelry, and you figured it was the least you could do to help out a fellow in need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nikon Sales Catalog, circa 1970... wait, that won't help

www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Find a marked down used one and show her how much money you'll save buying it "on sale".

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Perhaps remodeling the kitchen/living room or some such diversion is in order.

Shooter
    35mm
    You are not talking a lot of money for any of those cameras. less than 1700 with lens.Just buy it.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I started with a IIIa, found a very nice IIIf, then found a very clean user M2. I'm using a C_V 35mm Nokton most of the time with the M2, I use all three cameras. If my wife were still alive to witness all this, she would have a fit.

m
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    My Toyota is better than your Benz. I had two Leicas -- one was great, one was lousy -- and I got rid of them. I still have my Nikon F.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nobody needs a Leica. You want one. What's wrong with that?

My significant other and I keep separate finances. Every month we both take a portion out of our pay checks that is 'me' money. Whatever we do with it, is insignificant to the other person. Sometimes I spend it on camera stuff. Other times I spend it on a nice dinner with her, or a weekend in the next town. She might go to the nail salon and have her nails done, buy some music or some books that she likes, or maybe treat me to dinner.

In my old marriage we had joint finances, and that always got murky. After the divorce even there has been 'discussion' of what money went where. Very ugly. I wish we had done the 'me' money then too. It's a good method whether you pool all money into one bucket, or if you keep it separate.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I really need a summitar , elmar or summicron because I used them and know what they can do. If you havent used owned a Leica , as tasting a 12 years old whiskey first time , you would need to know how was a good whiskey or good lens effect your photography

Everybody needs a holiday in Fiji but only few lucky ones goes there , good news , for Leica it starts from 10 dolars at thrift stores to climb to 250 dollars for a 3c.

I think using a canon or nokton lens is to change the head of a blonde woman with a black one.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin