Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,100   Online: 991

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    you would need to know how was a good whiskey or good lens effect your photography
    A good whisky has a negative effect on a good lens, and I speak from experience.

Shooter
    35mm
    I thought I wanted a Leica M, dreamed about it for years. Then, when about to retire I took a bunch of cameras, obtained over the last two decades, give or take, and sold them at a photo swap meet. That gave me the money to get a M4-2 (that looked nice but had been serviced by a tractor mechanic) and a couple of used CV lenses. The lenses are really very good, I never had the money to even consider Leitz lenses and I doubt these give up very much, if any, to Leica glass.

Now the kicker. You may find, that after a time, the having is not as pleasureable as the wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true. (credit: Mr Spock)

Oh, the M4-2 that looked so nice? It didn't work for long. Purchased from a privite party at the photo swap meet so no recourse. Had to spend another $200 to have Youxin Ye to put it right. A word to the wise. Purchase from a reliable vendor with a warranty.
    Last edited by pen s; 03-21-2014 at 09:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Buy her a Rolex.
    Worked for me.-Dick

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by budrichard View Post
    Buy her a Rolex.
    Worked for me.-Dick
    You bought his wife a Rolex?
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I wanted a Leica my wife would be all for me getting one, she knows I'm not a shopaholic because I've only bought 2 cameras in the past 25 years and if I had a real need for one she would be happy for me to buy one, but ironically I've never had any desire for one.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-22-2014 at 01:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin