Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,078   Online: 1085

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Nikon F301 perhaps? Aperture priority & DX override & a flash sync of 1/125. Only real downer is no Aperture indication in the viewfinder. As for cost, I paid £12.99 for a body on ebay recently.
    David.

NAS sufferer with far too much Nikon kit.

Shooter
    35mm
    Konica Autoreflex T3; solid, shutter priority automatic fully mechanical camera from before the days of DX. Depth of field preview, timer release, shutter speed ranging 1/1000 - 1 second + bulb and 1/125 flash synch. Meter is powered by two 1.35v cells that can last for years. Konica Hexanon glass is some of the best out there for 35mm SLR's, the 50mm f/1.7 being just as sharp as the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8.

Nikon FE/FG/FG20; just as small as the Konica, but with fully electronic shutter. It's an entry level camera in my eyes, but one served my Uncle well back in the 80's.
    Søren Hammer
    - Konica T3N
    - Konica FS-1
    - Nikon F4s
    - Nikon F5
    - Nikon F801

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wilper View Post
    How about Pentax ME?

No manual shutter speed selection, but it does aperture priority like you requested.
    It uses ordinary LR44 batteries. Uses Pentax K-mount lenses.
    Or better, the ME Super instead. Manual shutter speeds 4 seconds to 1/2000, 1/125 flash sync, ASA 12 to 1600.

Inexpensive, easy to find.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Copyhat View Post
    Konica Autoreflex T3; solid, shutter priority automatic fully mechanical camera from before the days of DX. Depth of field preview, timer release, shutter speed ranging 1/1000 - 1 second + bulb and 1/125 flash synch. Meter is powered by two 1.35v cells that can last for years. Konica Hexanon glass is some of the best out there for 35mm SLR's, the 50mm f/1.7 being just as sharp as the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8.

Nikon FE/FG/FG20; just as small as the Konica, but with fully electronic shutter. It's an entry level camera in my eyes, but one served my Uncle well back in the 80's.
    Konica TC or FT 1 motor, the FT 1 motor uses AAA batteries, no DX at all, but as with the T3, it is shutter speed priority rather than apature priority. FT has a built in winder, about 2 FPS, manual rewind. A standard kit of glass 28, 50, 135 and 200 easy to find and not too expensive, other Konica glass can be pricy.

Shooter
    35mm
    There are so many good ones out there and almost all of them are very affordable.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another option is to shoot manual on an auto focus body. I took a Pentax FS 1 and put in a split image focusing screen and shoot Pentax A lens. Pentax also made a manual focus camera ZM, but from I understand the build quaility was not great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon AV-1.
    Similar to the AE-1 but has Aperture priority.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin