Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,327   Online: 1012

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Leitz Wetzlar Summicron 50 f2

I have somewhat of a mystery Summicron 50mm f2. The serial number is 2295439, it has 10 blades in the aperture and no little red dot or blob on the side of the lens. I've searched the web, looked it up on Ken Rockwells site and can't find any info. Any info on value and use would be appreciated. It's on an M6, shot a couple of rolls through it and really like the results.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    acc. to the serial no. your lens was made in 1968. I think the red dot is glued only and maybe it is fallen off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The red dot fell off my Elmar 50/2.8 M mount. If you look close you can see where it is supposed to go.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    DAG sells red spherical dots for Leica lenses.

http://www.dagcamera.com/leica_m.htm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dot_000.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	84621

DAGM4 Red Lens Dot , if this is all you buy, shipping is $2.00 for U.S. & 4.00 outside U.S. 5.00
    Price of $5.00 is for one red dot. Shipping is 1/2 price if these are all you buy.

You can get advise how to glue them , dont ruin the lens with excess glue.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks all, I've checked out dagcamera.com and will be replacing the missing little red dot! I'm going to take a few shots of the M6 and a couple of lenses to post for sale soon. I also have been shooting a Voightlander R4A and really enjoy this little camera. Mostly I shoot medium format and large format, so I don't feel too bad parting with it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin