Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,639   Online: 892

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The EF and the Ftbn, are the best of the cameras you have.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKrull View Post

Trythis, the AE-1 has aperture priority as well. with prices what they are these days, I can't see a reason to chose using an A-1 over an AE-1.
    I thought the AE-1 Program was shutter priority or all Program. I haven't seen any way to make it work with aperture priority anywhere, perhaps you have the two mixed up?
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by trythis View Post
    I thought the AE-1 Program was shutter priority or all Program. I haven't seen any way to make it work with aperture priority anywhere, perhaps you have the two mixed up?
    You're quite correct the A1 was Canon's first S.L.R.to offer aperture priority automation.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The FTBn is a terrific manual camera that doesn't always seem to get the respect that it deserves. It is virtually bulletproof and built to last.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elcabezagrande View Post
    The FTBn is a terrific manual camera that doesn't always seem to get the respect that it deserves. It is virtually bulletproof and built to last.
    I've had an Ftbn for about 35 years and have recently retired it, it's still in good condition and working O.K but needs a C.L.A.which would be uneconomical for me to have done.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd probably try the AE-1. Was it the best seller of the FD mount cameras? And there should be enough AE-1 cameras out there that it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

I picked up an A-1 recently. The seller included the manual, which is good. The camera has lots of options. I'm looking forward to having some fun with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    I'd probably try the AE-1. Was it the best seller of the FD mount cameras? And there should be enough AE-1 cameras out there that it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

I picked up an A-1 recently. The seller included the manual, which is good. The camera has lots of options. I'm looking forward to having some fun with it.
    They sold over a million AE1's, your A1 is a better camera I.M.O. because. It has more exposure options.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favorite of the A series, is the A-1. It is the most flexible of the bunch for auto modes.

With the MA motor drive it has been a enjoyable companion since I bought it new, in 81.

I have the AE-1P as well, but the A-1 is still my baby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The A-1 is also my favorite of the A series.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had all four, once upon a time. They're all gone now, except for a few FTbn. Uneconomical or not, I had two of them CLA'd and the battery circuit adjusted for modern batteries. They're wonderful cameras. I never got on with the EF, I was always frustrated with the unfortunate placing of the ON/OFF switch; I always seemed to turn the camera off with my right thumb when I raised it to my face. Of the A series the AT-1 was my favorite, I may even have one or two around here, though I haven't seen them for a while. An F-1 and New F-1 both see occasional use.

Don't even ask about my T90s...
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin