Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,336   Online: 840

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon F5 data at no data viewfinder

Hi,

Normally I expect to see a green backlighted data bar at Nikon F5 viewfinder when looked thru. I cannot see it generally. Sometimes I may see it. I could not understand when and why I cannot see it. When I see it, it work perfectly. Any comments.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You only see it in low light, if it's like my N8008s. It pops on in low light situations. Nikon figured we could see it in good light. I'd rather it was on all the time, but you get used to it. You can test it by pointing the camera at a room light, then lowering it to a dark area of the room. It should go on and off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can be as simple as how you are looking in the finder, say if your eye isn't centered.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It doesn't stay on either, a half push of the shutter button turns it on.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    You only see it in low light, if it's like my N8008s. It pops on in low light situations. Nikon figured we could see it in good light. I'd rather it was on all the time, but you get used to it. You can test it by pointing the camera at a room light, then lowering it to a dark area of the room. It should go on and off.
    That's not true for the F5. The backlit stays on for as long as the meter stays on which is by default 8 sec after you release pressure from the shutter release button. It can be set longer. I have mine at 30 sec.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin