Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,637   Online: 1120

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    Any comments on this product?
    I have a similar zoom slide duplicator. I used it with a Pentax and a Nikon. It is quite handy if you want to crop part of the slide but I remember flatness used to be a bit of a bother.

I also pre-flashed the film to lower the contrast.

Unfortunately last time I duped a slide was more than 4-5 years ago so I can't remember too many details on the preflashing. (Have to dig up my notes - if I can remember where I stored them )
    Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    Tom, What resolution do you scan at?
    How are the projected results?
    I'm using a Nikon Super Coolscan 8000 ED and scanning at 4000dpi. At that level of resolution, the image files are quite large and the resolution in the projected dupes is good.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    Any comments on this product?
    Those devices work fairly well, but to me, the built-in optics leave something to be desired. A better way to go IMO is with a bellows, a macro lens (or enlarging lens), a slide holder and an upside down color head as the light source.

You can use ordinary color slide film for slide dupes, but you will need to make color filtration tests for each type of film you duplicate.

With ordinary color slide film, you will encounter contrast build-up and you may need to pre-flash the film to correct this.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about contact printing onto duping film under a colour enlarger? At least then its easy to make colour corrections and there are no intermediate optics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin