Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,332   Online: 1047

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirks518 View Post
    I don't have a developing reel, or a true darkroom.
    If someone else is doing the developing, take it to them (assuming local). Most minilabs I know of have a changing bag and can sort this out for you.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wilper View Post
    (Might be superfluous on APUG, but make sure that you use an opaque can, not a transparent one. Else the film will be ruined.)
    Actually, probably the best advice ever.
    Imagine this: being in a hurry, dabbling in the darkroom, turning of the lights (didn't even forget to turn of the safe light), found the camera, found a canister on the rack, took out the unused film and placed that back on the rack, opened the camera, wait -put on cloves first, carefully unwind the film from the camera, rolled the film carefully into a small roll that fits the canister, where did that cap go? Ah, there it is, closed the can, checked if it is really closed before turning the light on and mark this canister as EXPOSED, and .... ahhhhhhh - I got me a Fuji NPH400 canister instead of a Tri-X canister ... and it is transparent ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...
    IT might just happen

Something like: boil water for 3 minutes, mix baby milk, stir for 2 minutes, ready to give it to baby .... PS: let it cool down first before baby drinks .....
    Last edited by TheToadMen; 04-10-2014 at 02:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    If someone else is doing the developing, take it to them (assuming local). Most minilabs I know of have a changing bag and can sort this out for you.

Steve.
    pull drapes switch off Lights wait until dark either

empty under stair cupboard and close door fit a blanket to inside of door

or

crawl into bed head first and do it under heavy coat with arms in sleeves from the wrong ends.

seal ends of film can and label open only in dark room, get the process person to read the label while the tub iz still in your hand

If the film end is shattered brush out shards from camera focal plane shutters don't like shards...

note my chum opened an Ilford bulk box although it said don't in eight languages I wont tell you his web name.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Steve.
    I'm probably going to do this. My local lab is a good one, and I'm pretty sure they'll do it right. I'll let you know how it turns out Unfortunately, they only run B&W on Tuesdays, so I won't know until next week how it turns out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never try to shoot 36 exposures out of a film, the maximum I ever shoot is 34, because this once happened to me many years ago in the middle of a wedding shoot.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    What brand film was this? I never had a problem and I've shot frames 37 and 38 that way

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I never try to shoot 36 exposures out of a film, the maximum I ever shoot is 34, because this once happened to me many years ago in the middle of a wedding shoot.
    HiBen

I normally pack three bodies or cameras with removable take up spools and cbag

Noel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Go into a closet and stuff towel at the bottom the door. Then drop in dev tank..

Shooter
    35mm
    The lab took care of it for me. Thanks for all the help!

It was a roll of Forte B&W. First roll I've tried of it. Expired a few yrs ago. I'll only be shooting around 34 with the rest of the rolls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas View Post
    HiBen

I normally pack three bodies or cameras with removable take up spools and cbag

Noel
    It was more than 20 years ago Noel, I had a changing bag but no black plastic cassette container to put the film in with me it was Fuji film and theirs are transparent,, I had two bodys with me at the time, and had to finished the wedding with the other one.
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin