Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,024   Online: 999

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

HELP! Film broke out of cartridge...

So I've been trying out my new-to-me Voigtlander Prominent, and today when I shot the last frame, the film must have come off the cartridge spool, now I can't rewind it. I know I can't be the first this has happened to, so what do I do?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Go into a darkroom, open the camera, then load the film onto a developing reel?
    I shoot digital when I have to (most of those shots end up here) and film (occasionally one of those shots ends up here) when I want to.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, but I don't have a developing reel, or a true darkroom. I'm thinking maybe bring the camera into the place that does the developing, and have them remove it?

Shooter
    35mm
    Do you have one of the cans that film sometimes comes in? If so, roll the film up in the dark and put it in the can. Tape the top on the can and put on a warning note about exposed film being in the can.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirks518 View Post
    So I've been trying out my new-to-me Voigtlander Prominent, and today when I shot the last frame, the film must have come off the cartridge spool, now I can't rewind it. I know I can't be the first this has happened to, so what do I do?
    I don't know where you are located, but maybe there is a APUG member close by WITH a darkroom, who can help?? Anyone??
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    St Petersburg, FL.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    go to any costco/local photo store and ask them to unload the film for you into a black film plastic can.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A dark-bag is only $10 or so.

Failing that, what I did before I had a dark-bag (and recently, when I forgot to bring it on a trip) is to wait until night, turn out all the lights, shut all the curtains, get a few blankets or quilts on the bed, then shove your hands under all of them as far as you can. It definitely gets hot in there, but it works.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    (Might be superfluous on APUG, but make sure that you use an opaque can, not a transparent one. Else the film will be ruined.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin