Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,148   Online: 1034

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FG-7

Shooter
    35mm

FG-7

I used a lot of it back in the Day, 1:15 w/sodium sulfite, because my Leica dealer stocked it. Just curious as to how any of you perceived it vs other developers?
    Last edited by chip j; 04-09-2014 at 09:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't think it matters, since it is not available anymore.

If you're looking for a good liquid BW film developer that gives good tonality and reasonably fine grain, Kodak Tmax Developer works well for me for Tri-X, Tmax 400, and Ilford Delta 3200.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm
    I thought it disappeared. But I was using in on Plus-X & FP4, and I didn't think T-Max dev was appropriate for that. Just trying to stir up some old memories.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It WAS what I learned on. Then I switched to TG-7 because I was shooting lots of t-grain (read Tmax 100 and 400) film. When TG-7 went away I switched to Rodinal. Now I'm a Pyrocat HD guy. But FG-7 was a pretty decent developer in its day. I'm about to teach the exposure and processing segment of my Intro To Large Format class and I'm going to use Rodinal with FP4+ for my students.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I wonder who holds the recipe rights?

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Edwal is the folks who made FG 7, I dont know of any clones, the closest I have come to FG 7 is Studional with the sodium sulfite additive. Freestyle sells Compard R09 Spezial Film Ronindal Special which may Studional, I am down to my last 2 bottles of Studional.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Edwal is still in business, so for whatever reason they're holding on to a formula for a compound they don't see as worth manufacturing. But then again Kodak does that too with some of their products that they've had withdrawn from the market in some cases for decades.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Edwal is still in business, so for whatever reason they're holding on to a formula for a compound they don't see as worth manufacturing. But then again Kodak does that too with some of their products that they've had withdrawn from the market in some cases for decades.
    I wonder why? What possible advantage would this offer? What disadvantages are there to letting it go or? Just wondering.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wrote Edwal several times to find out what Gardol is so that I could mix up Edwal 20. Not even a none of your business reply.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    I wonder why? What possible advantage would this offer? What disadvantages are there to letting it go or? Just wondering.
    They might be holding on to these recipes for the day when the general population sees what a bad idea digital photography was, and they get tired of it. Or they could be holding on to it for after the second coming and the world will be bright and cheery with everybody walking around with a real camera around their neck. Or if aliens land with the cure for cancer in trade for the recipe for Microdol X and Coca Cola. Never can tell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin