Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,858   Online: 1111

Shooter
    35mm

What size filter for Contaflex 85mm f4 Pro-Tessar?

I got the s 60 in yellow, but it's too big. A 62-60 adapter is also too big, and a 58mm is too small. I'm ready to super-glue the 62-60 ring to the front of the lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    See this :
    http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00c4vc
    Filter threads are inverted: male on lens, female on filter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thamks, but There are absolutely NO threads on the outside of the lens for a female filter to work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Try again. What looks like a decorative finish with small pyramids is hiding a male thread. Unless you have an unusual version of the Por-Tessar. And, regardless, it would help if you would post a picture of the problematic lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I first received my lens shade I did not believe it either. But the filters and lens shade do thread onto the outside. What looks like knurling is actually threading in disguise.

The correct thread is S 60.

Of course the external thread on the filters to screw the lens shade onto are obvious. This is what initially confused me. I was trying to thread it to the lens using that threading.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a brand-new-in-the-box Zeiss-Ikon Germany s 60 yellow filter; there is no way It's going onto my lens. Maybe it screws into the lens hood?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    I have a brand-new-in-the-box Zeiss-Ikon Germany s 60 yellow filter; there is no way It's going onto my lens. Maybe it screws into the lens hood?
    This is quite interesting. I have two 85/4 and one 85/3.2 Pro-Tessar lenses and the S 60 filters and lens shades fit all of them. As mentioned by Bernard it may be helpful to see a picture of the lens in question.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin