Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,735   Online: 1123

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikon FE, new owner focusing screen question.

My GAS hit my face once again and I have bought a black Nikon FE with a Nikkor 35mm 2.8 on it. It is an awesome little camera, with a smooth film transport, relatively quiet shutter, but a dim focusing screen when compared to my Canon F-1.
    Is it possible to exchange the focusing screen of the FE with some brighter?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    yes, download the manuall from butkus site, later nikon screens are brighter, but your lens is slow, a /1.4 would be brighter...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Silly me! Forgot that on my F-1 I have a 1.4 lens mounted!
    Thank you!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The later FE screens are a little brighter donno if all the FE/FM/FA will interchange the later ones are brighter still.

Try google

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In that case I will try the one from my broken FM. Can't wait to get back home!

Shooter
    35mm RF

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the link. Seems like a K2 screen is the best alternative for my FE.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    congratulation, great camera. The sister FM has no changeable screen. All other than the original ones (standard was the K-type, one was a plain matte screen, the other had a grid), e.g. the screens from the FE 2, may need a exposure compensation as the meter measures the picture on the screen. Please check the light seals and the mirror bumper at the front side of the screen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info! The mirror bumper has been replaced although it seemed to be in fair condition. I will do the light seals next weekend.
    I will replace it with a K2 screen and compensate for the metering difference due to the brighter screen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm using an FEwith a35mmf/2without issues.Nikkor lenses from the 1970s are dirt cheapand top glassif youtrust Ken Rockwell's reviews,which I do.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin