Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,776   Online: 919

Shooter
    35mm

Question for someone with a Nikon F3 in good working order.

To make a short question long:

I have a Nikon F3HP that was used to test the adage "useful as a hammer" or "use it as a weapon."
    I bought it from this listing:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...-f3hp-fe2.html

I have repaired the AE lock wire's solder joint that was broken, replaced the aperture ring's string (that I broke ), found a regular back and mashed the viewfinder thread back into useful shape....Whew!

In doing all that I may have replaced the ISO ring back in slightly off.

What I want to know is, how far your (nicer, unrepaired, unmolested F3) exposure compensation dial can go in either direction when you are in ISO 12. Mine stops at +1 & 1/3 and also seems to be 2/3 stop off from my Nikon FE.

This must mean that I need to reset the ISO dial, but I just wanna make sure before I tear into it again.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Both mine stop at the same +1 1/3. According to the manual it should only go to +1

Shooter
    35mm
    Excellent!

sent from phone. excuse my typing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    When you get finished fixen it up post a few results if you would.

BTW did you buy any of the glass as well?

Shooter
    35mm
    OK. I assume you mean a photo we made, not the camera:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14-10-021.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	87222
    F3 with Kentmere, 400, but I forgot which lens.

I have had it fixed up for a month or so and put 5 or 6 rolls through it. I didn't buy any of the lenses that were available in that listing. Sadly, my lens budget is about $20 so I have to stumble on them at garage sales, etc.

The seller was generous with his offer on the body even with the work I had to do to get it running well. It was filthy inside and out, to the point that I would not be surprised if it spent time in a desert war zone. (not exaggerating) Found out later from another post that it is a Frankenstein body composed of different F3's so its not a gem except to me. Its one of my favorite cameras. Now if I can just find a mangled F4 to add to the fun.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks. I think it's great something that has taken such a beating is still capable of producing nice images.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin