Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,108   Posts: 1,636,609   Online: 1306

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The EL, EL2, FE, and FE2 have a very nice full information match needle system that I believe offers the most intuitive in-camera manual metering ever available.
    In addition to the difference in glass, the A series bodies have cloth shutters and the Nikons mentioned have metal shutters if one cares about the faster flash sync speeds the Nikons have.
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It seemed to me that the Nikon's outlived the Canon's by a large margin, however, I don't know of any statistics in this regard. The lens mounting system makes the Nikon the best value for many. I confess to only having Nikon for 35mm SLR's.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Never been much of a Canon user myself. Nikon feel better, especially the older lenses. The AE-1 waz a milestone but it's mostly plastic. The AE-1 Program is the same body as the A-1 which was Canon's top producer for 1982. The FE2 was technically more advanced in x-synch at 1/250 . Buy both have fun

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonenameddavid View Post
    The AE-1 waz a milestone but it's mostly plastic.
    Not at all.

The body of the AE-1 is made of a cast-metal frame.
    The only plastic parts are the top cap and the tiny, unimportant cover around the lens mount.

A camera I advise any starter to begin with.

The issues I have seen at AE-1's all were not related to the top cap.
    But I would not advise to bring this camara to the beach.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the chime ins on this.. The option of using Lieca lenses is exciting. I had no idea that would jive.

Todd

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Canon FD-mount even allows more possibilities for mounting lenses with different mount, as it is one of the shortest built mounts (only surpased by Konica and Miranda SLR's).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    everyone is born a Canon person;only the great can overcome it.
    Or finally learn better....................:oP
    Expletive Deleted!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The Canon FD-mount even allows more possibilities for mounting lenses with different mount, as it is one of the shortest built mounts (only surpased by Konica and Miranda SLR's).
    Do you get auto-aperture and/or full-aperture metering with any of the adapters? I've got a little lens problem and it'd be great to let my AE-1 enable it.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    Do you get auto-aperture and/or full-aperture metering with any of the adapters? I've got a little lens problem and it'd be great to let my AE-1 enable it.

-NT
    Nope.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have never been a Nikon fan, but I think the match needle metering of the FE is the nicest of any manual camera. Easy to use and looks good. I was never fond of the "window" aperture display though. It is difficult to see at times.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin