Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,194   Online: 1007

Shooter
    35mm RF

Contax T2 Questions

Got a deal about a Contax T2 Titanium for about €275. No box but excellent condition. Comes with 6 months of warranty.

However I have a few questions. Love to use this compact with some color film for when I'm just shooting outside.
    I like my M6 too much to have it on me all the time. It's the camera I grab for the real deal.

- Does it have flaws like breaking, bad circuits that may get damaged sooner or later?
    - Is it a rigid camera?
    - Any quirks I have to know?
    - Any other things...?
    - Can it still be serviced / repaired at home?

Thanks

Jesse
    Jesse - 21 years - Belgium
    Leica M6 - Carl Zeiss Sonnar 50/1.5 T*
    www.jessestr.be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No longer serviced by Kyocera, at least in the US. But this web post suggests that there are independent shops with parts availability. The only thing I've heard about the T2 is that if you drop it, the lens might no longer extend and that that is an uneconomic repair.

http://www.kyoceraimaging.com/bulletins/csb2.htm

Shooter
    Large Format
    Be gentle with the manual focus/power-on dial. I've had a few of these and this is what breaks and cannot be fixed. Great camera! Best of the compact t's IMHO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love mine and had it for years. Never any issues. Bought another at a great price just to have for when my first one wears out some day, I love it that much. Have not heard of any regular issues that I know of for these. Great lens!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5722689329_c44977d5df_o.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	88977

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8834216280_3d1a8bc4f9_o.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	597.6 KB 
ID:	88978
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I used my T2 on and off for about 12 years until last year. It was excellent in most respects but had two failings which spoiled many a picture. The autofocus was inconsistent, resulting in many out of focus pictures. Using the focus lock was hit and miss as the lock position on the shutter release button is a hair's breadth from taking the picture. The second failing is the lens vignettes at F2.8 which resulted in dark corners on the prints when printing full frame. I was glad to get rid of it in the end and went back to using my Minox 35 ML which doesn't have these problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessestr View Post
    Got a deal about a Contax T2 Titanium for about €275. No box but excellent condition. Comes with 6 months of warranty.

However I have a few questions. Love to use this compact with some color film for when I'm just shooting outside.
    I like my M6 too much to have it on me all the time. It's the camera I grab for the real deal.

- Does it have flaws like breaking, bad circuits that may get damaged sooner or later?
    - Is it a rigid camera?
    - Any quirks I have to know?
    - Any other things...?
    - Can it still be serviced / repaired at home?

Thanks

Jesse
    It's a fairly reliable camera but if you notice it behaving strangely you might want to look for meth lab supplies mysteriously appearing in your camera bag.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    It's a fairly reliable camera but if you notice it behaving strangely you might want to look for meth lab supplies mysteriously appearing in your camera bag.
    Haha, WHAT?
    www.jessestr.be

Shooter
    Large Format
    It's a reference to an American TV show called Breaking Bad. It may not have made it's way to Europe yet.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    It's a reference to an American TV show called Breaking Bad. It may not have made it's way to Europe yet.
    Oh, haha, yeah. Heard of it! Thanks for the explanation though.
    Bought a T2 Titanium..arriving tomorrow!
    www.jessestr.be

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin