Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,420   Online: 1149

Shooter
    Medium Format

Contax G repairs (PSA)

Well, my brand new to me G2 got through about 10 frames on its first test roll, and the shutter has malfunctioned. Won't operate. Motor makes all the right sounds, but the shutter doesn't open and the film doesn't advance. Everything else (AF, meter, etc) function as they should.

After trying all the known tricks, I gave ToCAD a call about repairs. They charge a flat rate $173 to service a G2. I am assuming I will get a refurbished camera back in its place (and a 6 month warranty, too), as most repair services seem to be just swapping out bad cameras for refurbished ones.

I inquired about the T2 as well, as I have a broken one of those, and they charge $165 for that one, again a flat rate.

But at least they are still servicing these very cool cameras! And at least my G1 is still going!
    Wandering the Earth with a SWC, Certo Six, Bronica S2A, Contax T2, Bessa L & 15 f4.5, (and a Sony RX1).

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a new G1 and a Demo G2. You can bet I'm hanging on to my G1! (G2 is still fine, BTW)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had TOCAD repair and service my RTS3. I am very happy with their service and price. They sent if off to Japan.
    FYI - I got my own camera back

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    I had TOCAD repair and service my RTS3. I am very happy with their service and price. They sent if off to Japan.
    FYI - I got my own camera back
    Always a good outcome!

Shooter
    35mm
    I sent my T3 to TOCAD for spool replacement. Fast service and excellent work....

Shooter
    35mm
    You will be fine. I sent it off to tocad and they did an amazing job. The mirrors inside my G2 were falling apart, and the lcd bleed was bad. I asked them to also re calibrate the focus and meter. Everything works!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin