Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,796   Online: 945

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It does use two batteries, one for display/meter and one for electronic shutter/auto exposure.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From memory (it's been a while) the electronic speeds are controlled by a ceramic circuit board on the left top end of the camera. Back in the day when I was a camera tech we would often find them with small cracks through the boards, and they are impossible to fix...

Sorry to say 20 years ago we used to have to put the line "parts no longer available" on the repair quotes........
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting. I never saw a ceramic circuit board. Only those phenol-resin papers, epoxy textiles or those foils.
    Last edited by AgX; 06-20-2014 at 03:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    ......if anyone has used a Canon fd camera repair man in the U.S. I'd be obliged for the contact number-thanks
    You might try Ken Oikawa, who is a retired Canon repair tech who specializes in Canon FL and FD cameras. He even has a supply of NOS parts. No idea if he services the EF, but no hurt in asking. He's in California and his phone is: 951-246-9136.

Just be aware that English is not his native language, so phone calls can be a bit difficult.

Jim B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It does use two batteries, one for display/meter and one for electronic shutter/auto exposure.
    It certainly uses two batteries. I always wondered how they were used and so I have just checked. One battery alone will operate the slow speeds, but both are required to operate the metering and battery check. Hence the problem could be a corroded wire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin