Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,538   Online: 1390

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Canon EF electrical problem

Manual shutter speeds are good,electrical speeds do not work.The light meter is dead..is it worth having repaired,has anyone got any suggestions or recommendations for a repair man?I love the camera,but wonder if there are any canon repair men around who would tackle this.Thanks for suggestions,Alan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1 series?
    This message has no signature. :)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Canon EF,from the '70's-1973 I think. The only one I know of"The Black Beauty"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is a possibility which offers a simple solution: the wire on the back of the battery chamber has corroded through and is not connected anymore.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    The Canon EF,from the '70's-1973 I think. The only one I know of"The Black Beauty"
    EF is also the name of Canon's lens line for their autofocus EOS system cameras. On the EOS lenses, EF stands for Electronic Focus.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an EF that I spent far more than it's commercial value on to have it completely serviced a couple of years ago and I've never regretted it because I consider it an investment in my future pleasure, since I have no intention of ever selling it.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk
    Ben

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    EF is also the name of Canon's lens line for their autofocus EOS system cameras. On the EOS lenses, EF stands for Electronic Focus.
    To make the list complete: EF also means (inbuilt) Electronic Flashlight on some Konica cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    They can be had in working condition for $60 to $70. I know...they are all old but a cla is going to be more viable than electronics repair + cla

sent from phone. excuse my typing.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    That's true but in the context of the year it was first manufactured 1973 E.F meant "Electronic F" because it was a hybrid shuttered AE capable similar version to the original canon F1 that had a lot of facilities the purely mechanical F1 of that era lacked, like shutter priority AE and a full range of mechanical shutter speeds from 1/30sec to 1000/ sec if the batteries failed, and 125/sec flash sync speed, it was a camera that many pro F1 users bought as a backup at the time
    Last edited by benjiboy; 06-19-2014 at 09:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Like most on here I don't really need another camera,but this one "feels" right and I wouldn't mind having it back in working condition,I'll take the baseplate off and see if there is an obvious battery wire problem,if anyone has used a Canon fd camera repair man in the U.S. I'd be obliged for the contact number-thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin