Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,241   Online: 901

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I managed to slightly correct my RF at infinity but I figured it'd be best to recalibrate everything. I just sent my M3 and Summicron v.3 off to Sherry Krauter. I considered DAG but I've heard turnaround times are a bit long despite his quality work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When it will be back - you can enjoy for many many years . Just be careful on close focus: M3 goes up to 1 meter, and summicron v3 up to 0.7 meters.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    When it will be back - you can enjoy for many many years . Just be careful on close focus: M3 goes up to 1 meter, and summicron v3 up to 0.7 meters.
    Some have been (or can be) 'enhanced' to work ok to 0.7 or so.

Quick email to Sherry... needed...

But it is bad setting it at infinity the rangefinder is not like a SLR where infinity is a good datum, instead setting it to 12 foot with arm pivot eccentric is better if you shoot at 12 foot.

For a full calibration the two eccentrics need to be at the single positions that minimise the error at 1m 10m and infinity.

Pigs to get spot on.

If you drop the camera and the lens needs new hood you need to check infinity otherwise the rangefinder won't change over decades..,

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    As long as you are getting it looked at, have Sherry convert it to .7 meter focus. It is easy to do and you can benefit from all close focus lenses. Mine actually focuses a little closer than .7.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin