Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,699   Online: 708

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Wish List?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    1) A 12x20 camera
    2) 12x20 BTZS Tubes*
    3) Delta 3200 in sheet films, and avaliable during Ilford's ULF runs*

*Hey! I dont recall saying the wishlist had to be avaliable or commercially viable.

But seriously, I would like to be comfortable enough in my LF photography skills to justify buying one of those monsters one day. So I guess my real wishlist is

1) 12x20 camera
    2) The skill to use such a monster
    3) a wife that also wants a behemoth camera
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterboy View Post
    Even mine will do the same. Can someone comment on why wives become killers when they hear about cameras?
    I think my husband has learned that if he gets me a camera, I might not kill him for getting another old car. You might just need to point out that cameras take up less space (at least individually) than cars. And I'd suggest buying something that sparkles for her prior to buying another camera.

And my wish list might include an 8x10, but I don't know that I'd use it enough with all the other cameras I have that don't get used enough already.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterboy View Post
    Even mine will do the same. Can someone comment on why wives become killers when they hear about cameras?
    My wife and I have an arrangment....I do not take issue with her shoes & handbags and she doesn't take issue with my cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    For many years I have purchased/used/accumulated many film bodies. While I have stuck mostly with Nikon, I have also experimented with other brands. My first SLR was a Pentax K1000, but after that I switched to Nikon. I currently have 3 cameras on my wish list:

1. A Pentax MX

2. A Leica M3

3. A Hasselblad 500 C/M

What's on your wish list?
    I already own my wish list and it didn't make mea better photographer;just poorer.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Every lens made for my Canon Elan 7n, a 2nd Elan, and a big chest freezer of film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    My wife and I have an arrangment....I do not take issue with her shoes & handbags and she doesn't take issue with my cameras.
    great arrangementsbut, for my model photography ,I need shoes and cameras.Actually,I have more female shoes than she does.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    I want to build a slideing box 8X10 camera so on my list is 8X10 film holders. I'm finding they are expensive so I haven't found them yet at a good price. but I'll keep searching.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    great arrangementsbut, for my model photography ,I need shoes and cameras.Actually,I have more female shoes than she does.
    Ralph:

Having reviewed a fair bit of your model photography, it seems to me that a fair few times all they are wearing is shoes .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I think my husband has learned that if he gets me a camera, I might not kill him for getting another old car. You might just need to point out that cameras take up less space (at least individually) than cars. And I'd suggest buying something that sparkles for her prior to buying another camera.
    Damn, I am late by just 5.5 years
    This message has no signature. :)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post

And my wish list might include an 8x10, but I don't know that I'd use it enough with all the other cameras I have that don't get used enough already.

Trust me. Buy an 8x10 and a 14" Commercial Ektar. You will use it!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin