Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,050   Online: 907

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always get annoyed about the lack of an adjustable diopter. Standard with S-8 cameras.
    But to be fair there was no SLR with such when the T-90 was introduced.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The ordinary T90 rubber eyecup has no correction glass in it the +1 is in the cameras optical system, the original rubber eyecups are very rare and expensive on ebay a current made replacement made by Canon that fits and works is the eyecup.. EB

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get an optometrist to examine your eyes then make a corrective eyepiece for you that can be fashioned into the eyecup. The T90 was never particularly stellar at catering for people who wear glasses, so it's a case of innovate and experiment (but don't disassemble the native eyeglass on the camera body!).
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe look into eye laser surgrey?

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I forget which EOS eyecup actually works on the T90 (Ben's probably right); they'll all slide on, they just have a different profile and some will interfere with the film back.

There is no glass in the T90 eyecup. And if you want to add a diopter to your T90, use the EOS diopters; they fit just fine.

It occurs to me though that the eyecups for the 7N series are physically larger than the others and aren't really usable on the T90. May be same with the diopters, though I never used one on my 7NE.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I forget which EOS eyecup actually works on the T90 (Ben's probably right); they'll all slide on, they just have a different profile and some will interfere with the film back.

There is no glass in the T90 eyecup. And if you want to add a diopter to your T90, use the EOS diopters; they fit just fine.

It occurs to me though that the eyecups for the 7N series are physically larger than the others and aren't really usable on the T90. May be same with the diopters, though I never used one on my 7NE.
    Ben is right, I have a Canon EB eye cup on my aT90 at the moment and it fits perfectly..

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    One guy (that I read) cuts the center (not glass) of an old pair of spectacles , to fit the viewfinder, and sticks it in with weak glue............................

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur2 View Post
    One guy (that I read) cuts the center (not glass) of an old pair of spectacles , to fit the viewfinder, and sticks it in with weak glue............................
    What if he has astigmatism, or varifocal lenses ?.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    What if he has astigmatism, or varifocal lenses ?.
    Well it's not for everyone.......but as millions of people have similar eye sight esp with problems getting older, you could go to a boot sale and pick up a pair of spectacles for 50p and use that

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wear glasses with varifocal lenses and have no problem with them using the EB eyecup with my T90, I can't use a correction lens because I have astigmatism.
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin