Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,319   Posts: 1,681,955   Online: 758

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think they were suggesting the f3p which is a little bit different.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by trythis View Post
    I think they were suggesting the f3p which is a little bit different.
    In my original post, I only mentioned 4 bodies I currently own: F, F2A, F3HP and FM2N.
    Last edited by snegron; 07-13-2014 at 06:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    Rainy season is in full swing here in Florida now. I plan to visit the Orlando theme parks soon and I'm debating what body I should take:

- F with Ftn Photomic metered prism
    - F2A
    - F3HP
    - FM2N
    I have owned and used 3 of the 4 cameras listed. The FM2N is the only one I have never owned or used.

I cannot comment on the weather sealing of the three cameras because I never used them under rainy conditions. I used a backup camera instead. The first backup camera I tried in the rain was a Nikon EM.

When the rain caused the EM to short circuit, I replaced it with the waterproof Nikonos. The 35mm wide-angle and 80mm telephoto lenses I mount on the body can be used under or above water.

https://flic.kr/p/8WWa9S
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nikonos 21 sml.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, just go buy an LX.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Ah, just go buy an LX.
    Back in he early 1980's I wanted an LX. They were pricey back then. Today they still seem quite pricy compared to other cameras!

I currently only have one Pentax lens attached to a Super Program body. Buying an LX would mean having to get at least three more lenses!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As I mentioned on Nikonians, F3HP. Get one of those OP/TECH rainsleeves and use that to help keep water off the camera.

-J
    APUG: F3P, F2AS, Nikomat FT2
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2 AI, 35/2 O, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC
    'tax gear: Spot II, 55/1.8 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    Back in he early 1980's I wanted an LX. They were pricey back then. Today they still seem quite pricy compared to other cameras!

I currently only have one Pentax lens attached to a Super Program body. Buying an LX would mean having to get at least three more lenses!
    If you enjoy good prime lenses then a small foray into the Pentax world is likely worth it. But to be honest, most of the time I hold my hat over the camera when caught in a small drizzle or rainfall. If it gets too serious I head for the car.

When I am out hiking I usually pack a camera with no electronics. It is a lot easier to protect my small light meter from the rain. Folding cameras are great for this. Fold the door shut and the most sensitive component, your shutter, is actually pretty well protected. But that isn't everyone's cup of tea.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    35mm
    I can confirm that the Canon 1V is very well weather sealed. So much so that when mine ended up in the sea after my tripod fell over it kept on working with no problems at all as did my lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Canon's EOS 1V would tip my list for the best weather sealing of camera body, but also the most enduring. Sealing breaks down over time from many cycles of exposure to heat, cold, humidity and dryness, and all cameras that are sealed will usually have replacements made at the time of a major service. My EOS1N has been through patently atrocious conditions since 1994 and has never been serviced. It is sealed along the prime control area and back cover. Remember that a camera is only as good as the lens on the front -- this is where the consideration of weather resistance should be and is more important, all things else being equal.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    For rain & low humidity

Umberella
    uvfilter
    Deep lens hood
    hand laundered micro cloth

If water capillaries unto film...

shoot one handed in rain best shots of day warrented

For high humidity

Ie cold day with coffee shop breaks
    Ziploc
    fresh ovened silica gel

internal corrosion

Shooter
    35mm
    However well sealed a weather sealed body was, it won't be now after 20 years of seal deterioration

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin