Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,456   Posts: 1,570,577   Online: 935

Shooter
    35mm

Yashica 230AF flash modes? Sorta urgent.

Hello everyone, i've been a bit of an idiot and forgot to bring the dedicated flash for my Yashica 230AF. It works with flash I have for use with my Praktica, however that camera only has a telephoto lens, no portrait lens. The flash works however the shutter stays open as if there is no flash. Does anyone have any idea how to set a fixed shutter speed and a very basic flash?

It's slightly urgent, as it's for a family wedding tomorrow and the next flight home is 4 days after the wedding, so I can't pick up any extra gear.

The setup I have is a Yashica 230AF with Agfaphoto CT Precisa 100 film, and a Topca 325BC flash unit.

Thanks for any help, Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Llamarama View Post
    Hello everyone, i've been a bit of an idiot and forgot to bring the dedicated flash for my Yashica 230AF. It works with flash I have for use with my Praktica, however that camera only has a telephoto lens, no portrait lens. The flash works however the shutter stays open as if there is no flash. Does anyone have any idea how to set a fixed shutter speed and a very basic flash?

It's slightly urgent, as it's for a family wedding tomorrow and the next flight home is 4 days after the wedding, so I can't pick up any extra gear.

The setup I have is a Yashica 230AF with Agfaphoto CT Precisa 100 film, and a Topca 325BC flash unit.

Thanks for any help, Mike
    Switch the camera on manual exposure mode. The manual is here on the web. http://www.butkus.org/chinon/yashica...ashica_230.pdf

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Set shutter speed for 1/60 if cloth shutter and no faster than 1/125 if metal shutter. Uh.. you may have a bigger problem than you think. If the shutter stays open after setting manual shutter speed, It may be the flash that is causing he problem. Boring explaination upon request. Wein makes an adapter that will allow you to se the flash. BTW, you can kill your camera by using the wrong flash. Some flashes have a very hot shoe . 300+ volts. That can fry your circuit board.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin