Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,472   Online: 964

Shooter
    Medium Format

FE and Flash question?

Hey guys,

When I was one big trip in june. I had to hand meter my FE with SB-24 flash. However, I remember one time i was in a hurry and forgot to meter and the picture was pefect. I recalled the setting. Let me run this by you guys and see if this makes sence.. So I recall I had the SB on manual mode and a focal length of f5.6 ISO100 same as film i had , The FE was also F5.6. Is it as simple as that for proper exposure. If it is , this will be awesome.

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's dependent on flash to subject distance.
    If an exposure at 10' @ f11 is correct. then more distance will have less exposure and closer distance more.
    It just luck that everything worked out for you.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    If the flash is set at f/5.6 and in A mode then the camera lens also set at f/5.6 and if the shutter speed is below or equal the sync speed you should get good exposure with flash at various distances.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin