Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,659   Online: 867

Shooter
    Medium Format

What are these: Canon Baseless Adapters, PH and AG?

Got them in a whole grab-bag of old goodies recently and am having trouble figuring out exactly what they're for. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To adapt flash bulbs without metal socket, but just bent over contact wires, to a flashlight that was designed to accept bulbs with metal socket.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    It would help to have a picture I think.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    What you have are adapters for a Canon B-C, or bulb/capacitor, type of flash unit designed to be used with their LTM rangefinders and Canonflex SLRs. These B-C flashes normally use flash bulbs with swan type bases, such as the Press 25. The adapters allowed for the use of smaller, baseless PH or AG type bulbs. I know that these adapters are compatible for the later B-C units (Canon Flash Units V/V-2/V-3), but I don't know if they will fit older models. For more info, take a look at the scan of the Canon Flash Unit V-2 manual on Mike Butkus' site:

http://www.cameramanuals.org/flashes..._flash_v-2.pdf
    Last edited by Yeeski; 08-15-2014 at 08:17 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks for all the info guys, mystery solved

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin