Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,515   Online: 1026

AJP

Shooter
    35mm RF

Yashica Electro 35 help needed please

I hope I am in the right place to ask this question....apologies if not. Up until recently my Electro 35 has been working fine. Then it died. I first noticed that the exposure lights on the top plate and in the viewfinder did not illuminate. I've replaced the pad of death and now have a nice clunk on winding on the film advance which suggests to me that this is ok now. But still no exposure lights and the shutter only fires at 1/500sec meaning no electrical power I guess. I've replaced the batteries. The battery check light works fine. I suspect the battery check circuit might be different to the main electronic circuit but I don't know how to proceed. Anyone know how to clean the contacts for the meter system? Any ideas on what else I might try (excluding throwing it away )?

I mainly use a Canon P but the Electro got me back into film originally so I'm kind of attached to it....

cheers, Alan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AJP View Post
    I hope I am in the right place to ask this question....apologies if not. Up until recently my Electro 35 has been working fine. Then it died. I first noticed that the exposure lights on the top plate and in the viewfinder did not illuminate. I've replaced the pad of death and now have a nice clunk on winding on the film advance which suggests to me that this is ok now. But still no exposure lights and the shutter only fires at 1/500sec meaning no electrical power I guess. I've replaced the batteries. The battery check light works fine. I suspect the battery check circuit might be different to the main electronic circuit but I don't know how to proceed. Anyone know how to clean the contacts for the meter system? Any ideas on what else I might try (excluding throwing it away )?

I mainly use a Canon P but the Electro got me back into film originally so I'm kind of attached to it....

cheers, Alan
    Hi Alan, and welcome to APUG! Give this site a try, some excellent info:

http://www.yashica-guy.com/document/repair.html

Griz
    Get out and shoot!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin