Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,445   Online: 788

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, I've heard that the 35-105 is a good one. It's just not wide enough for my style. I find that I am using the 28mm length, quite a bit.

Kiron Kid

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiron Kid
    Yeah, I've heard that the 35-105 is a good one. It's just not wide enough for my style. I find that I am using the 28mm length, quite a bit.

Kiron Kid
    See if you can find a used 28-105 AF Nikon. It will still work on your camera and it is a fantastic zoon lens. It may not be fast enough for shallow depth of filed portraits, but it is a great travel lens. Given that many have gone digital, with the crop factor, I bet this lens has lost a lot of value on the used market.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt
    See if you can find a used 28-105 AF Nikon. It will still work on your camera and it is a fantastic zoon lens. It may not be fast enough for shallow depth of filed portraits, but it is a great travel lens. Given that many have gone digital, with the crop factor, I bet this lens has lost a lot of value on the used market.
    Gebhart

I have a couple of the Kiron 28-105 lenses. They are very good. Actually, they are better built, faster and sharper than the Nikon 28-105. The Nikkor version is pretty good though. Yes, your right, it's a great length for travel. I always have it, or my 28-90, with me. My 28-90, is an f/2.8-3.5 lens.

Thanks
    Kiron Kid

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Interesting info about the Kiron lenses. Until your post I had not even heard of Kiron before. Is this a company that is known by another name inside the US?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt
    Interesting info about the Kiron lenses. Until your post I had not even heard of Kiron before. Is this a company that is known by another name inside the US?
    Gebhart

Give me your personal E address, and I'll tell you all about them, and send info on them.

Thanks
    Kiron Kid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin