Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,364   Posts: 1,682,897   Online: 788

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Adapter for Pentax K mount to screwmount body?

I haven't any mention of the existence of such a thing, but would LOVE to use some of my more recent lenses on my old H1a. I also know this was one thing my dad really wanted back in the day. Is there any way to do it DIY-style?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not possible based on what I know. It's like the ltm to M adaptor, only works for screw mount lens to bayonet style body, not the other way round.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Openly biased and unabashedly
    pro film and wet darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I haven't any mention of the existence of such a thing, but would LOVE to use some of my more recent lenses on my old H1a. I also know this was one thing my dad really wanted back in the day. Is there any way to do it DIY-style?
    Machine a K-mount flange to put on the H1a body in place of the 42mm screwmount - I measured this out and IIRC it's possible but rather impractical.
    There's a screwmount lens to K-mount body adapter, Pentax though of this while designing the K mount. But, the diameters are wrong to go the other way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Pentax K mount and M42 mount have the exact same flange focal distance. So you'd have figure out an adapter that kept the lens in the exact same spot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    Pentax K mount and M42 mount have the exact same flange focal distance. So you'd have figure out an adapter that kept the lens in the exact same spot.
    This is why my 50f1.4 Takumar screw mount lens won't focus to infinity on a k mount body.
    I guess Leica was smart to add a millimeter or 2 to this distance on their M mount bodies. Their screw mount lenses do focus to infinity with the ltm to m mount adaptor.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    This is why my 50f1.4 Takumar screw mount lens won't focus to infinity on a k mount body.
    Something is wrong with your equipment. A properly-made M42-to-K adapter on a K body in proper adjustment should allow focus to infinity. The adapter is intended to sit within the bayonet mount and not add anything to the flange-to-film distance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Something is wrong with your equipment. A properly-made M42-to-K adapter on a K body in proper adjustment should allow focus to infinity. The adapter is intended to sit within the bayonet mount and not add anything to the flange-to-film distance.
    My adaptor definitely has a lip that adds to the flange to film plane distance. It's not a Pentax brand, just a cheap ebay purchase.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    My adaptor definitely has a lip that adds to the flange to film plane distance. It's not a Pentax brand, just a cheap ebay purchase.
    My Pentax-branded one has no lip and sits perfectly flush with the K body mount.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My adaptor bad.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    My Pentax-branded one has no lip and sits perfectly flush with the K body mount.
    Yup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin