Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,888   Posts: 1,629,818   Online: 1069

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format

view finder rose color tint

I have not used my Sigma SA 9 in a couple of months, when I perped it for a shoot tomorrow I found the view finder has a rose color tint, the mirror and focusing screen seem to clear, it is not in the lens, took the lens off, it is the viewfinder. I then check my SA 7 has the same tint, I have not used the SA 7 in over a year, both use the same viewfinder and are I assume the same age. Any ideas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know this problem, but i remember a similar discussion on dpreview.com
    Here we go … http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2840143
    “…all photographs are self-portraits.” – Minor White

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PDH View Post
    I have not used my Sigma SA 9 in a couple of months, when I perped it for a shoot tomorrow I found the view finder has a rose color tint, the mirror and focusing screen seem to clear, it is not in the lens, took the lens off, it is the viewfinder. I then check my SA 7 has the same tint, I have not used the SA 7 in over a year, both use the same viewfinder and are I assume the same age. Any ideas.
    How romantic.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by macfred View Post
    I don't know this problem, but i remember a similar discussion on dpreview.com
    Here we go … http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2840143
    thanks, that explains it, too bad, other than the tint I like the SA 9 and 7, I had thought about leaving in the sunlight may not help but I will give it a go.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I feel for you. Sadly, this is what can happen when a manufacturer cuts corners.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin